The Minister for Small Business and Assistant Treasurer, the Hon Kelly O’Dwyer MP, today announced the appointment of five new members and the reappointment of the Chair and members to the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB).
“The TPB is responsible for regulating the provision of tax agent services across all Australian States and Territories as provided for in the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (Act),” Minister O’Dwyer said.
“The Board’s statutory functions include administering the registration of tax agents, BAS agents and tax (financial) advisors; investigating breaches of the Act; and imposing sanctions for non-compliance with the Act’s Code of Professional Conduct.”
The following new members will be appointed from 22 January 2016:
- Ms Julie Berry for an 18-month period
- Mr Jim Hawson for a three-year period
- Dr Julianne Jaques for a three-year period
- Mr Ian Klug for a three-year period; and
- Mr Greg Lewis for a three-year period.
The following reappointments have been made from 22 January 2016:
- Mr Ian Taylor, Chair, for a three year period
- Ms Yvonne Sneddon for an 18-month period; and
- Mr Russell Smith for an 18-month period.
“These appointments and reappointments, which are on a part-time basis, continue the high level of skills and experience available to the TPB to deal with the differing issues which are raised and provide a valuable service to the community,” Minister O’Dwyer said.
“I would like to express my appreciation to these new members, the reappointed Chairperson and to the current and previous members, for their commitment to the TPB.”